Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sleepwalking - jen.

Usually when I sleepwalk, I don't know about it until someone clues me in the next morning, and it doesn't happen more than a few times a year. Lately something is different. I woke up in the midst of sleepwalking twice in one week.

The first time was while visiting my parents. I vaguely remember waking up and wanting to turn the t.v. off. I walked over to it and put my hand into the attached VCR. I jabbed it around in there for a few minutes before realizing this would not turn it off. After going downstairs to pee, I woke up a bit and remembered how to use the remote that had been sitting on the table next to my head the whole time.

A few days later, I got out of bed and auto-piloted to the girls' bathroom. I knew that, for some reason, I couldn't use the bathroom in my room. Sitting there, I woke up completely and couldn't quite figure out why I was there. There was no reason for me to use their bathroom instead of my own.

Maybe this new pattern is due to being pregnant and sleeping more during the day. Maybe, if I am lucky, my sleepwalking is getting more under control. I definately prefer waking on my own to hearing those embarrassing stories in the morning!

No comments: