Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shoeless and Stealing Horses

The beginning of my dream is quite hazy. My real memory of it begins here...

Most of the family is there. Me and my kids, Mom & Dad, Melissa & her kids, Grandma Judy & Grandpa Floyd. We all pile into Mom's SUV to drive 1/2 a block to the Mexican restaurant. As we get out, I realize that Melissa, Grandma and I have forgotten to wear shoes. We decide not to say anything, hoping no one will notice.

The restaurant is packed. As we walk through the restaurant and to the covered patio in back, we wait for our shoelessness to be discovered by another customer or waitress. Once we reach our booth next to a window (patio with windows and booths?) , we feel safe.

The dream gets a bit fuzzy here. The next thing I remember is....

I look out the window and see dark-skinned men herding ponies, horses and bison through a marshy stream. The banks of the stream are lush and green. The animals don't seem to be enjoying their wade through the chest-deep water. The men are throwing large rocks at them to keep them there. I run out the back door of the restaurant and begin yelling at the men. They seem afraid of me and hide behind some dilapidated barns.

While they are gone, I grab a pony around the neck and drag it out of the water. I do this a few more times until all the animals seem to understand it is okay to come out.

I start running. I lead the animals through the barns. But the men have not actually run away in fear. They have been digging huge pits to trap the horses, ponies & bison! I try to guide them around the pits.........

The dream goes fuzzy again. I don't remember any more.

The second part of the dream is easy for me to figure out. I have been greatly disturbed by all the Proposition 2 propoganda. I hate seeing the commercials on television and getting the chain emails that depict abused and mistreated animals. Of course, I will vote yes on this one, I just wish there were some way to make people aware of the problem without being inundated by the horrific images.

The first part of my dream is totally unclear to me. Every single part of it is out of character for my family. We don't drive 1/2 a block. We wouldn't eat in that restaurant even if it were still in business. We wear shoes in public places.

This is what Dreammoods.com has to say. What do you think?

Shoes
In general, shoes represent your approach to life. It suggests that you are well-grounded or that you are down to earth. It also represents your convictions about your beliefs. If you are changing your shoes, then it refers to your changing roles. You are taking a new approach to life. If your forget your shoes, then it suggests that you are leaving restraints behind you. You are refusing to conform to some idea or attitude.
To see old and worn shoes in your dream, signifies that through diligence and hard work, you will find success. It may also mean that you have come to grips with accepting who you are.
To see new shoes in your dream, suggests that you are overconfident in your success. Alternatively you may be on a life path that is unfamiliar to you.
To dream that you are wearing inappropriate shoes for the activity at hand, denotes that your progress and path in life will be laborious and ill-prepared. It may also indicate that you are heading in the wrong direction and need to reevaluate your goals.
To dream that you are not wearing any shoes, signifies that you have a lack of confidence in yourself and low self-assurance. You may be dealing with issues concerning your self-identity. Thus if you dream that you lose your shoes, then it suggests that you may be searching for your identity and finding/exploring who you are.
To see baby shoes in your dream, symbolizes purity, innocence, vulnerability, tenderness and the desire for love. If you are planning to have or already have a baby, then it suggests that the baby will or has grounded you. After all, with a baby to tend to, you find yourself rooted at home most of the time and not being able to go out as much.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Gross, shoeless in a mexican restaurant? As far as the interpretation:
"To dream that you are not wearing any shoes, signifies that you have a lack of confidence in yourself and low self-assurance."

Huh, I'm not so sure...