Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fast Times at Bathroom High - jen.

I have been sent back to high school. It is overcrowded, dismal and dirty. Beds have been set up in the bathrooms because there are no desks or classrooms left for all the students. Of course, I am in one of these bath/classrooms and I have to go. After I relieve myself on the jagged edge of a seatless toilet, I climb into a bed and pull the covers up.

Just then a former "client" of mine walks in. She climbs into bed with me.

Let me step out of my dream for a moment to tell you about this woman. She has been in the mental health care system for decades. I would guess she is nearing 60 years of age. She is always disheveled and talks very quietly so you have to get close to her to hear anything. If she calls you a dirty, stinking whore, you know she likes you. If she does not like you, she will spread stories of how you beat and mistreat her. She yells loudly in the halls at anyone and everyone. She was always one of my favorite people to spend time with. Actually, she was a favorite of many people in the facility.

Back to the dream.

She climbs into bed with me and yells randomly at the other people in the bathroom. We talk a bit, with our heads close together, then she leaves. When she is gone, I begin yelling at the people around me without reason. I don't realize what I am doing until one of them says, "You sound just like her!"

I yell back, " I have had two husbands, three children and I am pregnant with the fourth! I can yell at whoever I want to!"

End of dream.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So whats the interpretation on that crazy dream?

susie said...

I had to laugh at the final sentence of the dream!!!! The one about the husbands and kids!!