Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gotta Go, Gotta Go, Gotta Go Right Now! - jen

I am plagued by dreams of disgusting bathrooms. I roam from bathroom stall to bathroom stall searching endlessly for the cleanest spot. Sometimes the only available place to go is a toilet perched on a rock in public view. Often there are stalls with no doors. Sometimes the accomodations are shared. The worst are the dirty, overflowing toilets I find when I need to go desperately. Filled to the brim with toilet paper and poo, they are completely unusable.

When I do find a spot to relieve myself, I usually end up wetting my legs or shoes with pee because I am unskilled in using the hover method. Then, of course, there are no paper towels or the sink doesn't work.

I usually awake to find I really do need to pee. If I went in my dream, there is always a moment of panic before I realize I didn't go in the bed. I suppose these dreams are remnants of the anxiety I felt as a childhood bedwetter. The memories and embarassement still roam free in my brain when it should be sleeping peacefully.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That pic is soooooo gross!

susie said...

I had this as a real awake-nightmare when we went on our trip to Europe! I tried as hard as possible not to have to go to the bathroom while on excursions because toilet conditions were always questionable...no paper, no toilet seat, no running water to wash hands...no water in toilet...no doors on stalls or on whole bathroom...not enough bathrooms for 300 people to use in 10 minutes...or just NO Bathroom only bushes!!! I was glad for my ship Bathrooms!!! And I agree that pic is disgusting!!!

Truefan said...

I just think we're all going to regret this dream thing...