Friday, February 13, 2009

I Detest this Dream


Mike is driving, we are in our old car (in real life it only seats five people) with lots of people. I am in the middle row (only two rows in real life) behind the driver seat and Collin is in his car seat behind me. Another child is in a car seat next to me and on the other side of him/her(?) is an adult holding a very young baby in her lap. My girls are in the front seat next to Mike. For some reason we are trying to get across the lake. Mike is SURE that the car will float, and he drives it into the lake. I feel very worried about this and try to take off my seat belt so I can turn around and see Collin. Water starts to fill the car but no one else seems concerned. We are moving, I can even see the other shore of the lake. Suddenly I notice that the person with the baby in her lap is not holding the baby above water. I yell at her to hold the baby up, then everything starts moving very fast. I can't get unbuckled, I can't save anyone...


I wake up holding my breath with my heart beating very fast, and can't sleep anymore.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I don't like water and am not a confident swimmer. This dream would haunt me as well.