Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Nightmare memories... - Susie

The first nightmare that I remember wasn't really the dream part...my mom had always said "you can come and wake me up if you are scared in the night" so one night when I was about 8 or 9 I had a bad dream and woke up and went to my mom's room. Unfortunately, my mom was having a nightmare at the same time and screamed "Look out behind you" just as I came in her door. We had this contraption that was called a Mangle sitting in the hallway and it was piled with stuff so in the dark it looked scarry and so I screamed, ran back to my bedroom and got under the covers and cried myself back to sleep...I wonder what we had eatten that night or if we had watched something disturbing on tv!!!
I don't remember ever going into my mom's room for comfort after a nightmare ever again!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So grandma is a sleep freak too? It really does run in the fam!

jen. said...

Hilarious!

Truefan said...

I had this nightmare that my wife and children had really disturbing dreams... Oh yeah, that is true... Jen: I'm sure I will have a bad dream about your post. Lobster claw? Must be some hidden meaning there.