Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Nightmares - Jen

The Count & William Katt

I still vividly remember two nightmares I had in childhood. The earliest was quite simple. The Count from Sesame Street is walking up the stairs to my bedroom as I lay helplessly in bed. His cape is partially obscuring his face and he seems much more sinister than he ever did on television. I awoke before he got to the top of the stairs.

The second was much more involved and understandably frightening. William Katt from the "Greatest American Hero" television show is chasing me through the grocery store wearing nothing but a red vest. At the end of his penis is a lobster claw. He chased me for what seemed like forever, but never caught me.

I must have had these dreams when I was quite young. Five or six for the Count, maybe 10 or 12 for William Katt. I can still see them in my mind. I wonder if I will ever forget?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

when you were 10 or 12 you dreamed about a penis with a lobster claw? I can't stop laughing! I didn't even know what a penis looked like when I was 10! :-]

susie said...

I am a bit concerned about the penis part too! This is bazarre and I hope you were older than 10 or 12!!!

jen. said...

I don't think I did know what a penis looked like, hence the lobster claw-on-a-stick type thing.