Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I fought the bed and the bed won...Susie

I am not a good sleeper...I know that this is a surprise to everyone! If I ever had one night that was one of uninterrupted sleep I would maybe think I had died! I became a confirmed insomniac in the 80's after my brother Mark died and we were having major financial difficulties. I slept only about 3 hour max for about 3 years...it was not a happy time. I would have rather slept so that I could have escaped the yucky stuff but it just wouldn't happen. I got to the point where I dreaded night and even trying to sleep. It got to be a horrible pattern and so I would just avoid going to sleep until I was so exhausted there was no choice except to pass out. It was like a nightmare that was never going to end. I have been in a bad pattern again. Not as bad as the original time but, it seems that I have to get up at least 2 times every night if not more. My legs ache, my mind won't turn off, and I really hate just laying there tossing and turning. So I get up and wander around or lay on the couch and watch tv...I sometimes would like to forget that it is night and just start the day...I am taking several things to try and increase my serotonin, Vitamin D, 5-htp, and Homocystiene, I will give it a month to see if it helps...I get tired of taking pills if they don't seem to make a difference. I have thought about going to a sleep clinic, but I don't really snore....oh well I guess I will just always have a nocturnal part of my life! I am kinda used to it by now!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is a very sad story...sleep already! I think I would go completely CRAZYNUTSWACKO if I only got three hours of sleep a night. Ten sounds right to me!