Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am thankful for my current job

I go to Dottie's classroom (Dottie is a friend of the family, who does not teach), and she is treating all the teachers to fake nails.  I don't like any of the color choices.  Her son Thomas tells me I should pick the green ones, or the purple ones.  I don't like either of those.

I look at my phone and have a voicemail from the people I worked for this summer.  They tell me they need me to work tomorrow and the rest of the week from 7 a.m.- 6 a.m.  I won't be getting paid they say, because I was already paid enough.

The next day I'm on my way to Dottie's classroom and there are people walking lots of pit bulls.  The dogs are peeing on the sand and I am barefoot.  I don't know where to step!  My mom says I need to hurry if I want to see her speech (she was running for some sort of office).  I hurry to this hall and there are many people to see her.

I look at my phone and have messages from the people I work for, they are saying that I am late and I need to watch their kids.  I try to call, but I erased their numbers.  I call the lady at her work and she tells me to go to the house.   I go to the house with no supplies for the kids to do crafts with.  We watch t.v. and the kids are the nicest they have ever been.  The girl in middle school tells me about her school and she is suddenly mature and beautiful looking.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I bet your teaching job is looking beautiful!!!! :)

Kim said...

I love the very last sentence most of all!