Sunday, June 12, 2011

Swimming Hole

I'm a teenager.

Michael (Zzyzx) Montague & I are at a swimming hole.  We hold hands, jump off ledges and look for turtles as we swim back.

I don't know anyone there but him.  It's my first time going to the swimming hole.


As I listen to the conversations going on around me, I realize that everyone else is talking about last nights' prom.   I feel a little left out.  I wasn't invited.

Michael & I jump off a ledge that is new to me.  It's way off in a hidden corner of the swimming hole.  No other kids are there, just some old people drinking 40s.  It's scary because I can't see how deep it is.  After we make the jump, we start to swim back to a more populated area.

As we swim out into the open water, we see that a cliff ledge is on fire!  We swim towards it and I yell for people who are on it to jump into the water.  I tell others to swim to the grove of trees where everyone eats lunch.  I swim to the grove myself.

When I get to the grove of trees, Wave asks me where Rowan & Desmond are.  I tell him that I don't know, but I'll go find them.  As I run off to find my children, I tell people to gather for a headcount.

I quickly find Rowan & Desmond.  It's easy to see Rowan on stage in her hot pink leotard, and Desmond is copying her every move.

I tell them to go find Daddy and continue the other way, telling people to gather in the trees...

4 comments:

Janet said...

That's a good one, Jen!

susie said...

And you love swimming so much!!!
Do you dream about him (Michael) very often?

jen. said...

Nope, never. I have no idea why I did now.

Melissa said...

I saw him at the mall when I was pregnant with Drew. He worked at Round Table Pizza.